Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the age restrictions? Should I bring my ID?You must be 18 years or older to attend and 21 years or older to consume alcoholic beverages. A valid ID is required to enter the festival site. Valid ID’s include a state-issued drivers license, state-issued ID, military ID, or passport.
- What time do the festival gates open?The festival gates will open at 4:00pm on Friday, 10:00am on Saturday, and 11:00am on Sunday. The north and south camping zones will open at noon on Friday for those with camping passes. Please note: You must have a camping pass to enter all camping areas of the site, regardless if you are camping or not.
- What is the list of prohibited items?
- No illegal substances
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia
- No pets (Sorry, this is for the safety of both our community and our pets)
- No laser Pointers
- No Air Horns
- No glass bottles or containers of any kind
- No weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray)
- No fireworks or open flames including fire pits, fire dancing gear, sparklers, or tiki-torches.
- No professional photo, video, or recording devices without a Media/Press Pass
- Can we bring totems?Yes! Totems are both allowed and encouraged. Please make sure all totem poles are made of plastic or light-metal like aluminum as to not appear as a plausible weapon.
- Is there parking available? We have parking on site for our campers. The people parking in these spaces will be able to leave their car overnight, or for the whole weekend if they choose. A parking pass is required. Only one pass is needed per vehicle parking. Coming alone? One parking pass. Coming with 12 people in a van? One parking pass. We will also have daily parking across the street at the Road Atlanta property. These are for our daily attendees, and people choosing to leave each night to go home or stay in a nearby hotel. If you park off site (Road Atlanta) you can not leave your vehicle overnight. On site parking is only overnight parking allowed. We will be providing shuttle service for the Off Site parking, across the street to and from the entrance of the event. Security will be patrolling all parking lots for your safety, such as curbing car break-ins. Also, we will have plenty of Uber & Lyft cars on site to help facilitate anyone not wishing to drive in and out every day. We recommend you use these services, especially if you are staying in a nearby hotel for the easiest access in and out of the event.
- If I am staying off site, can I leave and come back?Yes, re-entry is allowed once per day, but you will be required to go through security upon your return.”
- What will the weather be like? What if it rains?The average temperatures for the region as we approach Independence Day are Lows in the mid-60’s and Highs in the mid-80’s under partly cloudy skies. Moonshine is a rain or shine event. Click here for the forecast and plan appropriately!
- Are pets allowed?Sorry, for the safety of our community and our animal friends, pets are not allowed. Service dogs are permitted with the proper paperwork and identification.
- Will there be first aid on site?Yes. Inside the festival grounds, there will be several medical booths as listed on the map as well as two EMT teams supporting the camping areas surrounding the site. In the case of an incident, please located the nearest booth or notify security to radio for help. We are also providing FREE water stations throughout the site and encourage everyone to stay hydrated!
- Will there be free water stations? Are camel-backs and water bottles allowed?Empty camel-backs, water containers, and canteens are allowed with multiple water stations located throughout the site as listed on the map. Water is FREE. If you forget your containers, water and water containers will also be for sale for a reasonable price at a variety of our vendor shops and in the general store.
- Can I bring my cooler? Can I bring in outside food or drinks?Coolers and outside food and drinks are are allowed and limited to the camping areas of the site. ALL items must be in unopened, single-sized containers with the seal intact. Absolutely NO GLASS.
You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campgrounds. A reasonable amount of unopened beer and wine (limited to 1 case of beer and one box of wine per person), will be permitted to be brought onto your camping area. If, however, in the security’s judgment anyone in the vehicle is intoxicated, or the alcohol is open, then the organizers reserve the right to confiscate the alcohol.
Kegs, glass, liquor, or vending of alcohol is not permitted in the campgrounds, and alcohol may not be brought from the campsites into the festival venue.
- Can I bring my hula-hoop, LED toys, and fire dancing equipment?There is a strict NO open flame policy in both the festival site and camping areas. Fire entertainment will be provided at our Fire Stage by professional performers supported by professional water-safety crew members. We ask that you help us keep Moonshine safe for everyone by leaving your fire-poi and fire-dancing gear at home. Hula-hoops, LED props, glow-poi, flags, totems, and other non-fire gear is allowed and encouraged.
- Are cameras allowed?Small handheld/point-and-shoot cameras including phone cameras, GoPros, and pocket-sized digital cameras are allowed. Professional cameras and video equipment require a photo/media pass.
- Can I bring my bicycle? What about motorcycles, golf carts, or other motorized vehicles?Non-motorized vehicles including bicycles, tricycles, unicycles, wagons, hoverboards, teleportation, and anti-gravity propelled space ships are allowed on the campgrounds or festival site. Recreational vehicles such as dirt bikes, ATVs, dune buggies, golf carts, and similar are prohibited. You may park your motorcycle in the general parking lot for the duration of the festival.
- I am traveling to Moonshine from another state. What is the policy on medicinal and recreational marijuana?At this time, the possession and consumption of cannabis and cannabis-related products and paraphernalia are illegal in the state of Georgia. Please plan accordingly. Click here to get involved in helping end prohibition in the state of Georgia.
- I don't want to camp, but want to stay in the area. Are there hotels nearby?Yes. Here is a list of nearby hotels with their average nightly rates:QUALITY INN – $60Address: 3469 Mundy Mill Rd, Oakwood, GA 30566Phone: (770) 287-1000JAMESON INN – $80Address: 3530 Thurmon Tanner Pkwy, Oakwood, GA 30566Phone: (770) 533-9400BEST WESTERN PLUS LAKE LANIER GAINSVILLE – $108Address: 4535 Oakwood Rd, Oakwood, GA 30566Phone: (770) 535-8080HAMPTON INN & SUITES FLOWERY BRANCH – $105Address: 4660 Holland Dam Rd, Flowery Branch, GA 30542Phone: (770) 965-0357COUNTRY INN & SUITES – $128Address: 925 GA-124, Braselton, GA 30517Phone: (770) 868-5419HOLLIDAY INN BRASELTON – $142Address: 2069 GA-211, Braselton, GA 30517Phone: (770) 867-8100BEST WESTERN BRASELTON – $132Address: 303 Zion Church Rd, Braselton, GA 30517Phone: (706) 654-3081
Ticket & Wristband FAQ
- Where can I purchase tickets?Click here to order advance tickets through FreshTix.com.
- Will tickets be available at the gates?Yes. You may buy weekend passes at the gate for $200 or single day passes for $100 each day. Camping passes are available for $40 with parking passes available for $20. We encourage you to purchase pre-sale tickets to save $40! This also lets us know how many to expect to allocate resources and provided the best experience for all that are involved.
- How many people will be there?We are expecting between 5000-6000 attendees, but are preparing to host up to 10,000 beautiful souls. Pre-sale tickets are encourage so we can allocate the necessary resources to provide the best experience for all.
- I met someone that is selling hard copy tickets. Is this legit?No! Heads up that we have received reports of people purchasing hard-copy tickets. These are counterfeit as no hard-copy tickets have been issued. All tickets are purchased online through Freshtix and are delivered via email or “print at home” method. These digital tickets include a bar code that is only good for one scan. Counterfeit tickets will not be honored at the gate. If you are having problems or have additional questions, click here to contact the FreshTix team.
- I do not have a major debit or credit card. How can I purchase advance tickets?Visit a national drug store (CVS, Wallgreens, Rite-Aid), convenience store (Circle K, 7-11), or grocery store (Walmart, Target, etc.) to purchase a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard to make your purchase online, otherwise you can purchase tickets at the gate with cash while supplies last.
- Are single day passes available?Yes, single day passes are available via FreshTix.com. Click here for the daily rates.
- If I purchased a camping pass, do I still need to purchase a parking pass?Car camping is not allowed. If you need to park a vehicle in the Lanier Raceplex parking lot you will need to purchase a parking pass in addition to your camping pass.
- Where do I pick up my wristbands?If you are parking and/or camping, print your passes and show them to the attendee upon entry. You will be allowed to set up your site and park your car before proceeding to the Will-Call booth at the front gates to pick up your wristbands to the festival.
- My mom/dad/spouse/bff bought me a ticket. Do I need the credit card they used to pick up my wristbands from will-call?As long as you have your ticket that can be scanned by our gate attendents, either the printed version or accessible via your mobile device, no credit card is needed at entry.
- Can I leave a ticket at will-call for my friend?No. You must transfer any tickets you wish to gift to others before they enter the grounds.
- I can no longer attend the festival. Can I get a refund?Sorry, but tickets are non-refundable. All sales are final.
- I want to bring my kids to Moonshine. Do they need a ticket?Sorry. All attendees must be 18&up and purchase a ticket to enter.
- What time does the campgrounds open?The camping areas of the site will open to those with Camping Passes starting at 12:00 noon on Friday. The main festival grounds will open shortly after at 4:00pm.
- What are things we can bring to our campsite?Camping gear (tent, tarp, sleeping bags, blankets, etc.)Rain gearClothesExtra shoes/sneakersEmpty Camel Back BackpacksNormal amount of food (all food and beverage must be sealed upon entry. There are several grills located throughout the campsites)Normal amount of beer and wine (unfortunately we still cannot allow outside liquor on the property due to county ordinance. Again, no glass bottles please)Mud bootsBug spraySunscreenHatsBandannasSunglassesAluminum or stainless steel container(s) for waterBiodegradable plastic bags for trashToilet paperLanterns, flashlights, headlamps.Flags to identify your campsiteSmall luggage lock for your tent. Make sure to keep your valuables safe!Soaps, detergents and shampoos (There are several shower stations located throughout the campsites)Smokers please bring an ashtray! Leave your campsite better than you found it!Earplugs
No grills, bbq pits, or stoves are allowed!
- Can I bring my BBQ pit or grill?No grills, bbq pits, or stoves are allowed. We will provide grilling stations in both camping areas for those that wish to use them. Please bring your own charcoal and utensils.
- Will there be flushing toilets and shower facilities on site?There will be hot shower and toilet facilities for attendees that have purchased a camping pass. Please bring your own towels, shower shoes, and personal hygiene products.
- My friend purchased a camping pass and I am staying at his/her camp. Do I need to buy a camping pass?Yes. Anyone wishing to access the camping areas of the site are required to purchase a camping pass. A 2nd wristband will be issued.
- Can I camp in my car?Sorry, there is no car camping allowed. After unloading your gear at your site, you will be required to return your car to the parking lot located at the entrance to the festival.]
- Can I bring my RV or pop-up trailer?Sorry, RVs, pop-up trailers, and similar vehicles are not allowed due to venue requirements.]
- Will there be electricity in the camping area?No, there are no electricity hook-ups at each campsite. However, we will have phone charging stations available at multiple campsite outposts.
- My friends are arriving in a different car. Can they reserve me a spot so we can camp together?Camping plots are claimed on a first come/first serve basis. If you are camping with a group, we recommend arriving to the site as a group or designating members of the first group to arrive to redeem camping passes and claim plots for those arriving later to the festival. If you wish to organize a more elaborate “Theme Camp,” click here to submit your proposal to our art director. All theme camps must be approved to insure safety for all.]
- Can I set up a large pavilion tent, sound stage, or themed camp?Theme camps must be approved prior to arrival. Please email art(at)moonshinemusicfestival.com to submit your proposal. Sorry, but sound stages are not allowed in the camping areas. But no worries! We have 4 stages of music + late night silent disco to keep the music flowing during the entire weekend.]
- Will there be a place to charge my cell phone and devices?Yes, we will have phone charging stations available at campsite outposts.
- Will small campfire be allowed in the camping area? Will you allow fire bins?No, there will be no fires allowed on the premises.]
- What do I do with my valuables? Will there be security in the camping area?The best choice for your valuables is to leave them at home. Any valuables that you must bring with you should be locked in your car out of sight when you are not using them. If you are prone to losing stuff such as your car keys, wallets, or bags, we suggest purchasing a Tracking Tag. Security will be patrolling the camping area to keep the general peace, but are not responsible for protecting your belongins.
- Can my band play in the camping area? What about a small PA, boombox, or bluetooth speakers?Be kind to your neighbors. If you have to plug it in (e.g. amps, radio, or speaker system of any size), leave it at home! Moonshine is a MUSIC festival! Head to one of our many stages to get your dance on and grab headphones from the Silent Disco after the main stage shuts down to keep dancing until sunrise. Please be conscious about the residents of Braselton, GA that live within earshot of the festival grounds.
Vendor, Media, and Partner FAQs
- How can I reserve a booth to sell my wares at Moonshine?Click here to purchase a vending space and a member of our Vendor Services team will be in touch to coordinate.
- Who do I connect with to request a Media or Photo pass?active=”Please email moonshinemusicfestival(AT)gmail and provide your name, publication, and link to your recent work to request a press, media, or photo pass. Please note: You will be required to provide pre-show coverage in exchange for a free tickets to the festival. While we love our media partners, too often these passes are requested only as a vehicle for gaining free entrance to events with no coverage provided before or after the festival is over. It’s not fair to those that have paid to enjoy the experience. If you are purchasing your own ticket, no media pass is required.
Have a question not covered in the FAQ? Drop a comment below and well get you answers: